FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

renault coil Recommendations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MANOS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: renault coil Recommendations Reply with quote

Guys,
can you recommend me a coil solution for a very rare car(750 pieces).it is a Renault 21 quadra 2.0 turbo (J7R756) (175ps).i have a burnt ignition module(Renault 7700853738) and i cannot find the part.
SO we have 2 4.5volt ignition outputs from fenix/renix ecu,with a wasted spark configuration.2 x BAE 801 coils.
-one solution might be a 0227 100 200 Bosch module with the coils that the car has.
something more powerful or smarter like 2 smart double ended coils with no module at all???thanks alot for attention in advance!
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: IGN-4A coil Reply with quote

I do have experience with the R-5 turbo, in that case I installed my ECU-422C-VR-TTL.
Your car my be similar.

A single coil, the IGN-4A, could meet your requirement.
This package has four "TTL" driven coils internal, four output posts.
The need for ONLY TWO input channels works well with this coil, you would just "T" 1&3 then 2&4.

The next step is to state your fitted ECU's ignition channel output voltage AND dwell time for coil charging.
The stated 4.5 volts is NOT common so I wonder about error ?

Lance
joe90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4.5 volts is irrelevent. All it is , is a pull up resistor to turn on the ignition module.It just needs to supply a few milliamps. The pull up can come from either the regulated 5v rail (as in the case of megasquirt) or the 12v rail, it makes no difference.
A 12v pull up is better as it doesn't add extra load to the regulated 5v supply and potentially reduces any extra noise associated with it.
The ignition module is triggered by applying an earth.
There's NO TTL coils either, they're CMOS logic level, the difference between the two is the current capability rather than voltage.
stevieturbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: renault coil Recommendations Reply with quote

MANOS wrote:
Guys,
can you recommend me a coil solution for a very rare car(750 pieces).it is a Renault 21 quadra 2.0 turbo (J7R756) (175ps).i have a burnt ignition module(Renault 7700853738) and i cannot find the part.
SO we have 2 4.5volt ignition outputs from fenix/renix ecu,with a wasted spark configuration.2 x BAE 801 coils.
-one solution might be a 0227 100 200 Bosch module with the coils that the car has.
something more powerful or smarter like 2 smart double ended coils with no module at all???thanks alot for attention in advance!

Is the module different from the 2wd car ? A friend recently replaced the ignition module in one, and had no difficulty sourcing.

9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: