FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Mainline DynoLog Pro Hub 4000 Axle Dynamometer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainlinedyno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Mainline DynoLog Pro Hub 4000 Axle Dynamometer Reply with quote

We are pleased to announce the debut our new ?Pro Hub 4000? Axle / Hub chassis dynamometer, at the Performance Motorshow in Melbourne today.

After many years on the drawing board, our new dynamometer concept is now a reality. Designed for extreme performance, and drag racing vehicle applications, the new Pro Hub 4000 bridges the gap between an engine dyno and a roller based chassis dyno.

Tuning and testing of such extreme powered vehicles normally requires the engine to be removed and tuned on an engine dynamometer, or runs down a drag strip. The Pro Hub 4000 provides an effective ?in chassis? tuning solution, without the need to remove the engine, or to hire a drag strip facility.

Torque rated at 11800ftlbs (16000Nm), and a massive power capacity of 4000 Hp (2982Kw), the new Pro Hub 4000, is a serious dyno for serious powered vehicles throughout the world.

Applications for this new Mainline Dyno include pre race testing, driveline testing, clutch evaluation, stall convertor mapping, multiple stage nitrous injection testing, and performance product research and development.

Mainline DynoLog Dynamometers are now members of the "Hub Club", with arguably the most powerful axle hub dynamometer available in the world!

More images have been posted on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/MainlineDynoLog
rrrobert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quad retarder ? nice job.
blairo15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this bad boy today. Unbelievable! It looks fantastic. You guys have done a great job with it! I just thought of a new sport. Door slammers at the tennis centre! One either side of the net and no parachutes! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by blairo15 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Guilt-Toy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... that is boss!

4000hp huh ? good work!
Bugermass

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of pricing are you guys thinking on a unit like this?
awddynotodd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugermass wrote:
what kind of pricing are you guys thinking on a unit like this?

In the region of 80K to 100K, bear in mind there is lot of metal, 4 huge retarders, and quite labour intensive to build. On top of this, I would see most users opting for the Servo Throttle control, so you could place the dyno and car in a cell and control the Throttle from a Console like our Engine Dyno's, as I don't think too many people will want to sit in some of these cars whilst doing a dyno pull!
So the overall cost will depend on how good of a setup they want.
blairo15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing it in Melbourne the other week I think that's good value! ....... For someone with that sort of cash that is! Laughing
Bugermass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I've been waiting for someone to make a POD style dyno that could handle those types of power, too bad we already ordered our dyno, I would have jumped on this one! Maybe in a couple years we can upgrade. A lot of the cars I do now a days are 1000+ HP and traction is always an issue!
aml15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that price for the pods them-self or a complete setup?
awddynotodd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aml15 wrote:

Whats your definition of complete setup? It would be a working dyno system, with relevant hub adapters.
Bugermass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't those Eddy Brakes only good for like 600ftlbs each? That would be like 2400TQ which on a 4000HP capable car would probably be around 2400HP.. How are you guys getting it to hold 4000HP?
aml15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugermass wrote:
Aren't those Eddy Brakes only good for like 600ftlbs each? That would be like 2400TQ which on a 4000HP capable car would probably be around 2400HP.. How are you guys getting it to hold 4000HP?

x2 pods..
aml15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awddynotodd wrote:
aml15 wrote:

Whats your definition of complete setup? It would be a working dyno system, with relevant hub adapters.

pods, adapters, controll ecu, cables and everything else you need to strap a car on them and do some pulls..
awddynotodd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugermass wrote:

Where did you get 600ft/lbs from?
The Retarders inside are 2900ft/lbs each, times 4, now try your maths again!
awddynotodd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aml15 wrote:
awddynotodd wrote:
aml15 wrote:

pods, adapters, controll ecu, cables and everything else you need to strap a car on them and do some pulls..

Of course, a complete working dyno. I thought you meant dyno cell etc.
Although there are quite a few options available on our systems, just depends
on what sort of work a shop is undertaking.
As far as hub adapters are concerned, as this dyno is geared towards drag cars, you will only need 2 adapters, 1 for 5 on 5.5", and another for 5 on 5" and 5 on 4 3/4".
Bugermass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awddynotodd wrote:
Bugermass wrote:
Aren't those Eddy Brakes only good for like 600ftlbs each? That would be like 2400TQ which on a 4000HP capable car would probably be around 4000HP.. How are you guys getting it to hold 4000HP?

Where did you get 600ft/lbs from?
The Retarders inside are 2900ft/lbs each, times 4, now try your maths again!

Ahh, In the picture they look like the STD PAU that most of the larger roll dynos use. That's pretty impressive.
FPSeth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really just ruined my day.
3 years ago we paid WELL over $100k for the largest (at the time) capacity 4wd dynapack, and now as our customer base has grown into mostly high hp drag race customers, its very difficult to run these cars on our dynapack without over powering it and sending it into limp mode.

If we didn't have this set up I would order one of these mainlines today!

Is the software particularly setup to run typical drag car setups (Ie: Loose, high stall converters and big lazy turbos)?

Thats really the only disadvantage I see to the chassis dyno vs the engine dyno- running through loose converters.

Are there several rpm pickup options?

Have you shipped any to North America yet? And are they made to order?

Now I'm getting a bit excited- just need to find another $100g's Wink
FPSeth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: duplicating race conditions Reply with quote

I could'nt stop thinking about this thing-
What I need is a dyno that will come as close as possible to replicating the conditions the powertrain will see at the 1/8 or 1/4 mile on 1000-2000 whp cars.
Now, I am not expecting miracles like being able to shift gears or anything during a run, but I would like to be able to do a fairly long (6 seconds maybe at full power?) pull so that I can duplicate EGR temps, IAT's, AFR's and the stress on the ignition system that the car will see when going down the track.

I know the best way to tune a drag car is at the drag strip, and thats great if your a crew cheif or own the car, but I cannot go to the track with every customer So I am looking for the next best thing...
awddynotodd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: duplicating race conditions Reply with quote

FPSeth wrote:
What I need is a dyno that will come as close as possible to replicating the conditions the powertrain will see at the 1/8 or 1/4 mile on 1000-2000 whp cars.
Now, I am not expecting miracles like being able to shift gears or anything during a run, but I would like to be able to do a fairly long (6 seconds maybe at full power?) pull so that I can duplicate EGR temps, IAT's, AFR's and the stress on the ignition system that the car will see when going down the track.

I know the best way to tune a drag car is at the drag strip, and thats great if your a crew cheif or own the car, but I cannot go to the track with every customer So I am looking for the next best thing...

Well this is what we designed this Dyno for, testing Big HP that is well out the range of currently available hydraulic units. In some testing yesterday, bearing in mind we only had a car on it that makes 400 odd HP, doing a first gear peak torque test we saw over 4600ft/lbs at less than 40% drive shows it has plenty of range left.

I also see no reason why you wont be able to full throttle gear shifts during a pull either, the retarders have peak Torque capacity from 500 axle RPM onwards, up to 3600 axle RPM, so 3600 axle RPM is the speed limit, which will be governed by the car under test according to its diff ratio.
According to some people I spoke to when deciding wether or not to build these things, I was told most drag cars would have a diff ratio in the range of 5:1, so at 10,000rpm, thats only 2000 axle RPM, so plenty of speed range in the thing.

We'll have this unit on display at PRI this year, so your best bet would be to come along and have a look and ask as many questions as you want.
We'll have some video's up in the coming weeks of some decent HP cars under test on it.
Tomak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: duplicating race conditions Reply with quote

awddynotodd wrote:
FPSeth wrote:

Well this is what we designed this Dyno for, testing Big HP that is well out the range of currently available hydraulic units. In some testing yesterday, bearing in mind we only had a car on it that makes 400 odd HP, doing a first gear peak torque test we saw over 4600ft/lbs at less than 40% drive shows it has plenty of range left.

I also see no reason why you wont be able to full throttle gear shifts during a pull either, the retarders have peak Torque capacity from 500 axle RPM onwards, up to 3600 axle RPM, so 3600 axle RPM is the speed limit, which will be governed by the car under test according to its diff ratio.
According to some people I spoke to when deciding wether or not to build these things, I was told most drag cars would have a diff ratio in the range of 5:1, so at 10,000rpm, thats only 2000 axle RPM, so plenty of speed range in the thing.

We'll have this unit on display at PRI this year, so your best bet would be to come along and have a look and ask as many questions as you want.
We'll have some video's up in the coming weeks of some decent HP cars under test on it.

PRI?!?!?! Shit, since I am Canadian, and they moved it OUT of Florida, I vowed never to return (I went to escape to Florida, which in December was as nice as our Summers lol). But I may have to come see this thing and at least buy you a burger Todd. lol

I
Mustang MD250 - gone but not forgotten.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Dynamometers All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: