FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Mainline DynoLog Pro Hub 4000 Axle Dynamometer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> New Product Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainlinedyno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Mainline DynoLog Pro Hub 4000 Axle Dynamometer Reply with quote

We are pleased to announce the debut our new ?Pro Hub 4000? Axle / Hub chassis dynamometer, at the Performance Motorshow in Melbourne today.

After many years on the drawing board, our new dynamometer concept is now a reality. Designed for extreme performance, and drag racing vehicle applications, the new Pro Hub 4000 bridges the gap between an engine dyno and a roller based chassis dyno.

Tuning and testing of such extreme powered vehicles normally requires the engine to be removed and tuned on an engine dynamometer, or runs down a drag strip. The Pro Hub 4000 provides an effective ?in chassis? tuning solution, without the need to remove the engine, or to hire a drag strip facility.

Torque rated at 11800ftlbs (16000Nm), and a massive power capacity of 4000 Hp (2982Kw), the new Pro Hub 4000, is a serious dyno for serious powered vehicles throughout the world.

Applications for this new Mainline Dyno include pre race testing, driveline testing, clutch evaluation, stall convertor mapping, multiple stage nitrous injection testing, and performance product research and development.

Mainline DynoLog Dynamometers are now members of the "Hub Club", with arguably the most powerful axle hub dynamometer available in the world!

More images have been posted on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/MainlineDynoLog
Tomak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes! now that's awesome!
Mustang MD250 - gone but not forgotten.
TurboNova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see it in action
riceracing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accuracy FULL SCALE +- 1% on load cell????

+-160Nm deviation, so can't really be used for normal set up's ???
So that would equate to a +- 40rhubhp difference 'spread' on a conventional ~550bhp set up putting down ~1600Nm at the axle in.

Great if you have a nitro methane drag car though, its a case of horses for courses.
TurboNova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it geared for something with that low of hp. You would get one of their other dynos if you not dynoing pro mods.
Gerry Gaffney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be 4 load cells so 4000nm ea.

Plus as you know accuracy is something very different to repeatability & sensitivity (resolution) Your also assuming any 1% error will be at full speed to give the pro rata power deviation you are quoting. I'd guess at 4K axle rpm most road/track cars will be doing 375mph Smile
awddynotodd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceracing wrote:

So that would equate to a +- 40rhubhp difference 'spread' on a conventional ~550bhp set up putting down ~1600Nm at the axle in.

Great if you have a nitro methane drag car though, its a case of horses for courses.

The Load Cells we use are +/- 0.02% Full Scale, after seeing your comment, I cannot find a Load Cell that has a spec of 1% Full Scale error?
riceracing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awddynotodd wrote:
riceracing wrote:

The Load Cells we use are +/- 0.02% Full Scale, after seeing your comment, I cannot find a Load Cell that has a spec of 1% Full Scale error?

So C3 accuracy class ?
What nominal load rating ?
awddynotodd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceracing wrote:
awddynotodd wrote:
riceracing wrote:

So C3 accuracy class ?
What nominal load rating ?

I looked at a heap of Load cell manufacturers after your comment, and every one I looked at had 0.02 or 0.03 for Full Scale error for Z beam Load cells which we use. Typically we use a 2K lb in our roller dyno and this Hub Dyno big model has 5K lb load cells. I actually had to go looking what the accuracy was of the brand we use as the US compmay we buy them from doesn't have the specs on their website, I had to wait until I got back to our factory and opened one up out of the box!
Either way, what's the problem, have you had a bad experience with a Load cell at some time?
riceracing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, used a few in university environment (various applications) and interested in the specification of the ones you are using. Thanks for the reply and checking it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> New Product Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: