FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

"Strict" wheel code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzzinhalfdozen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: "Strict" wheel code Reply with quote

Gonna use my back up ECU, has 1.01 firmware, can I use the 160 Wheel code? Been over both harnesses, all connections, moved Crank and Cam sync wiring again, want to put different ECU in and see if it changes any of the issues I've been seeing.Joe
RootesRacer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: "Strict" wheel code Reply with quote

buzzinhalfdozen wrote:
Gonna use my back up ECU, has 1.01 firmware, can I use the 160 Wheel code? Been over both harnesses, all connections, moved Crank and Cam sync wiring again, want to put different ECU in and see if it changes any of the issues I've been seeing.Joe

The strict decode only exists on V1.02.00 and up.

What issue are you experiencing?

An earlier post suggested to me that your coil dwell might have been excessive and was causing EMI, which kept from starting.
The strict decode can make marginal trigger signals not be able to be decoded since it will not tolerate spurious signals that it doesnt think should be there.
buzzinhalfdozen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting sporadic CDbug numbers, the engine would die or nearly die. Of course losing cam sync would be an issue, tried 2 different hall sensors, same thing, moved cam sync wiring, same thing. Coil dwell is @ 3.50ms always has been, was getting main pulsewidth @ idle even thoughwas set up to run TPS only. Apparently my MAP sensor is blown, had a pop back thru TB once assuming it blew it as it now reads 10kpa at all times, wasn't a bad backfire but MAP has been off ever since. Since the MAP seems to be blown I wanted to try my other ECU and see if it behaves correctly or not. I made my cam sync out of an old dist. I had, has single vane 1/2 in. wide that passes thru a stock GM cam pos. sensor, also tried a threaded type sensor (hall type) with vane passing past "nose" of it. They both had sporadic signals viewing the monitor screen, of course the engine would basically shut off when the number changed. I've got both my Crank and cam sensor wires ran outside engine bay all the way up front where they enter the engine bay and go to their respective sensors. There is approx. 1-1/2-2 feet of room to closest plug wire, slightly more to the nearest coil. I've ran these cables a few different ways with basically the same result. Question, is it possible that I somehow screwed up the firmware install by doing something incorrectly? Just seems to be impossible to be having all these issues, due to EMI, if it is EMI, I'm unable to physically seperate the cables any further.
buzzinhalfdozen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, let me start over, when I put this system back on my engine I was getting a varying WDbug and CDbug number, the engine may or may not start but certainly didn't sound well. After changing several different crank and cam sensors it got better, however maybe 1 out of 6 cranks would give me a changing number, by setting to "strict" engine seemed to start normally, however It was VERY rich, looking @ the monitor screen I noticed the PW was main scalar number at idle,1600-1800 RPM. That's when the whole "why's it doing that" began. Since according to the manual it was suppose to "scale" the fuel somewhat based off my main scalar number.By manipulating the TPS matrix I got the fuel turned down to an acceptable level so the engine would idle. Not being able to secure time on the chassis dyno I decided to put my carb. on and just run the ign. part of the ECU, that's when the CDbug number started to jump around and the engine would stall. Running out of time before our race I removed everything and ran my MSD and Carb. setup. Now I'm ready to get back at this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: