FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Which senser, Which target wheel for 10,000 RPM operation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzzinhalfdozen

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Which senser, Which target wheel for 10,000 RPM operation Reply with quote

Does anyone have actual experience and parts used to ensure accurate triggering at these engine speeds? Reading about the ECU882C system it states "up to 25,000 RPM" which is great but with what components? I'd like to know I've got it right before running this engine and risking a trigger malfunction as bad things can happen quickly at those engine speeds. Making a statement about capabilities means nothing without supplying proper component source and set up to achieve the desired result. This combo uses a 58-2 7.5 trigger wheel can use hall or VR senser. Thanks for any useful replies. Joe
RootesRacer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Which senser, Which target wheel for 10,000 RPM operatio Reply with quote

buzzinhalfdozen wrote:
Does anyone have actual experience and parts used to ensure accurate triggering at these engine speeds? Reading about the ECU882C system it states "up to 25,000 RPM" which is great but with what components? I'd like to know I've got it right before running this engine and risking a trigger malfunction as bad things can happen quickly at those engine speeds. Making a statement about capabilities means nothing without supplying proper component source and set up to achieve the desired result. This combo uses a 58-2 7.5 trigger wheel can use hall or VR senser. Thanks for any useful replies. Joe

Yes, as I told you before, the HALL sensor will not be able to match the accuracy and high RPM stability of a VR sensor.

The HALL sensor CAN work well for slower speeds or in cases where the signal to noise ratio of the VR sensor is poor.

Based on your writeup, it doesnt sound like you have a triggering issue.
The WDBG number moving a bit while cranking is normal and expected.

If it starts the engine and WDBG stays put at all running RPMs, then you dont have a problem at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: