FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

I'll have to video this behavior for you guys.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bstuke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: I'll have to video this behavior for you guys. Reply with quote

When the engine is cold, it will not hold a steady throttle unless I crank on the idle adjustment some, and then it will hold steady at 1000RPM, and I can adjustment my CLT enrichment. Once the engine warms up, the throttle has climbed to 1200RPM, and I have to crank the idle again to get it back down to 1000RPM.

I'll try to video it in the next couple of days, and maybe that will be helpful?

I am just wondering if I am not doing something right.

Happy Holidays,

Bob
baldur

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing new there, the oil is slicker when warmed up so less friction lets the engine idle faster with the same amount of air.
You just have to retard the ignition at idle once warmed up or reduce the opening of the idle bypass valve if one is installed. Perhaps enable some sort of closed loop idle control strategy if your ECU has one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: