FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Shopping for injectors...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
la67flat4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Shopping for injectors... Reply with quote

I need to know what injector is gonna work the best form my 882 ecu...

I need somthing that will handle 400plus HP in a 4 cylinder Turbo car and still idle well..

The CCs/lbs is not the question, it's the specifics of the injector, like ohms, peak/hold, pentle, etc etc.... What is the best style to use with this system... So I know how to shop...
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Denso Fuel Injector Reply with quote

First, we fire the fuel injector ONCE per cycle, at the CORRECT Injection Instant.
I have fitted 121 .lbs injectors onto my EJ-27 (4.00" bore EJ-25), the idle quality is fine at .813 ms PW.
This is the engine on my "bench dyno" used for our EFI school.

Now, what we have learned is that the newer Denso injectors have a GREAT Idle Quality.
This is a "mini-body" with an American Car connector, thus also bit shorter in some cases.

Your case should use the 610cc Denso injector we sell. (.531 O-ring, medium length, AC connector, high impedance).
This injector has a nozzle that is NOT a "pintle" OR "cut hole", another newer style, their named UC design@50microns droplet size.

The GM LS-2 OEM injector (28 .lbs) when refitted with the Denso we sell (470cc) will have an improved Idle Quality even with the
LARGER fuel injector flow.

The engine you have tuned (Cams, Valves, Exhausts ?) may have a different Injection Instant requirement for best Idle.
The '882 has a VERY simple way the "set" the Injection Phase, just type your selected degree value into the FOUR Injection Phases,
then use the Red check mark to implement that change of all four phases at ONCE with the engine running.

This method will allow you to "feel" a "back-to back" difference.

Lance
la67flat4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lance,,,

I need to see some size/specs to see if they are gonna fit in my holders and what I need to do to make them work for me... Right now 55 lb Seimens injectors that I traded for my old brown tops... I want to get away from the fat body Pentle style....
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Pantera EFI : Injector Dimension Reply with quote

The length is the same as your DEKA-1, .531 O-Ring both sides.

The only change would be to replace the connector with an AC type.
They are the "narrow" body.

Lance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: