FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Updated software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzzinhalfdozen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Updated software Reply with quote

Are there any new versions that could be more helpful for a drag racing app.? And if so what are they? Thanks Joe
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Pantera EFI : 2010 Software Reply with quote

Hi Joe, good to here from you AND yes, the newest GUI/Firmware was
released Feb 2010.
Many of the updates have been designed and tested by Javad@034EFI for about one year using his nine second Audi (987 HP) five cylinder engine in 1/4 mile drag racing.

My experience comes from Baja racers that run the SAME Ford V-6 that you race with in the 1/4 mile.
We have won many races with this 550 HP engine in class 7.

One new feature that would work well for an "Odd-Fire" engine such as yours is the Stutter Table.
This feature is activated at the Staring Line when the "two step" is engaged.
Next as RPM is increased to the "launch" setting the ignition timing is retarded
(this builds in cylinder heat).
When the next set point is reached, the cylinders are "cut" in a random SETTABLE fashion.
Your "Odd-Fire" engine needs its OWN sequence to make the car leave the line with the most energy, a table that you can program.

Lance
buzzinhalfdozen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lance sounds like it's right up my alley. Now if I can just find the internal datalogger, and figure out how to use it again I think I'll be ready for the chassis dyno if the guy can fit me in. Thanks Joe Yes engine seems to take a second to recover from the rev. limit at launch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: