FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Yep, still around, the latest...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bstuke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Yep, still around, the latest... Reply with quote

I was really just not happy with the low end performance of the Cobra. It seemed like I would make an adjustment to get the idle better, or get the surging to go away, and nothing was helping. Everything is new with the exception of the 30lb injectors. I really don't know how old they are.

According to some of the stuff I have been reading, with a 345HP motor, I should have around 27lb injectors. The dyno says I am doing 252Hp at the wheels, and even with 15%, I am at 290HP, which is more along the lines of a 22lb injector.

So I decided to change to 24lb injectors. I got Trickflow units, and installed them this morning.

I had to raise the PW to get the engine going, but once it was up to temp and warmed up, it idled noticably better, and the AFR did not bounce around so much, and mainly stayed within a .1 range on the AEM meter.

So I will go through my map again and see what I need to readjust, but it sure seem to start, and idle better..

Any thoughts from you guys?

Have a good holiday everyone, and thanks for all the help this year.

Bob
furpo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injector type has quite an effect just like injector size. What was your old injector type and what PW were you seeing at max load?

Roger
bstuke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

furpo wrote:
Injector type has quite an effect just like injector size. What was your old injector type and what PW were you seeing at max load? Roger

Roger, Good question. The Injectors are Bosch type made by Trick Flow. I have not gotten far enough to get my AFR in a good range at WOT. I will post that when I get there. It has been too cold to drive it much and get the map sorted back out. I am finding it is a bigger jump to get to WOT than before!
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Injector style Idle Quality Reply with quote

Hi Bob, yes, I have a new favorite (Denso A/C-x) fuel injector that I sell/fit
with the same results.

My tests results are received from reports by LS-1/2/3 users.

They state that even with our increase in injector flow, the engine will Idle much smoother.
Robbie Shaw found the when "staging" on the 'two step', the engine ran MUCH smoother when he fitted these injectors.

The best yet is the these are LOW COST fuel injectors.

Lance
bstuke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low cost Lance? Sheesh. $300 a set give or take.

I certainly think that 24lb is closer to the range I need to be in, and 22lb would have worked as well.

I posted another thread on what I am seeing lately. Still chasing minor things, but all in all I am becoming more comfortable with what i am doing, and seeing predictable results.

Thanks, Bob
bstuke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I take it the "idle speed setting" controls the IAC motor that I don't have hooked up?
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: IAC=GM "Stepper" Reply with quote

Hi Bob, we support the GM style stepper motor.

We have an adapter to bolt this item onto your pad.
You may also drive your stock "two wire" motor from a GPO.

Lance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: