FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Auto Tuning Software for Holley Commander Pro 950
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cutlassefi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tzalenski wrote:
Hi,

1. Yes this is still available. I can email you a fully functional version for a one time $15 (US Dollars) registration fee. Once registered, you can receive free upgrades. The easiest way to send me the registration fee is via PayPal. Just use my email address (tomzeect@netscape.net) as the payment address.
2. The program has been tested on Windows 98, 2000 and XP. Not sure about Windows 7.
3. It will work on stock or modified engines. But, modified engines may need to run the target A/F ratio richer than stock.
Regards,

Tom

That's because it fires all 8 at once. some are just firing at the wrong time necessitating the need for more fuel.
This is old technology.
tzalenski

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your comment is correct when discussing port injection. However my comment was based on experience with throttle body injection. Specifically, non-stock cams seem to prefer richer A/F ratios.

Regards,

Tom
cutlassefi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh yah, on both TBI and multiport. I don't get your point. Seems you're talking in circles, they're essentially the same, they'll both require a richer mixture, TBI or MP.

Last edited by cutlassefi on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
shelbysnake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cutlassefi wrote:
uhhh yah, on both TBI and multiport. I don't get you point. they're essentially the same, they'll both require a richer mixture, TBI or MP.

As I'm a total nubie on TBI. This is my first attempt, so I would love to know more about what you wrote. I would appreciate all adviice.

Thanks,

Arthur
tzalenski

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of the confusion is two separate issues are being discussed in this single thread. The first is the timing of the Holley pulses. The previous writer is correct about it being sub-optimal. The second issue has to do with engine efficiency. In addition to my own experience I've heard from drivers that successfully tuned their stock engines to operate well with a A/F ratio of 14.7. They later upgraded their cam and/or added boost, and discovered 14.7 was too lean.
krila

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: software Reply with quote

hi
I want to buy this program. But i am not sure how to send payment by paypal. if you send me a invoice on paypal i now how to pay.
My email is krila@tertitten.com

best regards
kri
tzalenski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Krstian,

I have received your registration payment via PayPal, and have emailed you the program.

Regards,

Tom
dmoss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Auto tune for Commander 950 Reply with quote

Tom,

I am very interested in the program that your have devised. So how much is the cost? I'm sort of a country motor head but I have a nice car 86 Monte Carlo that I have put a 400 small block in with aluim heads and performance cam along with changing it over EFI. The car runs but I'm not versed enough to tune it with the amount of time and knowledge Holley wants me to have in a short time. If your program is able to tune the Commander 950. Here's my email: dlm8454@yahoo.com Tell me what you need from me. Smile

Thanks,
Lee
tzalenski

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee,

I can email you a fully functional version for a one time $15 (US Dollars) registration fee. Once registered, you can receive free upgrades.

The easiest way to send me the registration fee is via PayPal. Just use this email address (tomzeect@netscape.net) as the payment address.

Here are the latest links:

operations manual:
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=1455907&da=y

demo V2.1B
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=1455963&da=y

Regards,

Tom

P.S. After downloading the demo program, please rename the extension to "exe"
bigfkr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom-

I sent you a PM last week. Has this been tested on Windows 7 yet? Also maybe someone can answer the question of whether the Commander 950 software can be run on Windows 7? Thanks.
tzalenski

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

I did reply to your private email. Not sure what happened, but the answer is yes, I've recently tested this program and it works on Windows OS 7.

Regards,

Tom
bigfkr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, does the factory Holley software need to be installed on my laptop for your software to auto tune my ECU?
tzalenski

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

No it's not required. But it is helpful if only to save copies of all your setup parameters in *.950 file.

Regards,

Tom
bigfkr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help thus far, Tom. Money sent.
68wfo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom...I bought your program but have not ran it yet. I have read the instructions several times. When I drive the car while it collects and adjusts the data in each cell do I save the file with a Holley extension then send it to the ecu? Or do the changes it makes real time affect the performance of the car while you are driving? I am just trying to learn what to expect the first time I take it on the road.

Brent
tzalenski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brent,

The changes to the fuel map are sent to the ECU as you drive, and the ECU saves them in it's flash memory. So you're not required to save any files. However I do recommend you save all the set up parameters (which includes the fuel map) to a *.950 file once the vehicle is tuned to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Tom
68wfo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom...how do I know when the program has completed its mapping or calibration? Is there a minimum number of miles to drive? Can I assume while I am driving and its updating I will notice the car (engine) running smoother or performing better?
tzalenski

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brent,

On the fuel map display:
- cells running too rich will appear red
- cells running too lean will appear yellow
- cells running normally will appear green

Often when first starting out, the map will be a mixture of all colors, and gradually change to all green after 10- 50 miles.

Regards,

Tom
68wfo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to try it...how does the program know what is too rich and too lean? Does it default to a 14:1 ratio or something and try to achieve that? I think in the Holley program you can set a target ratio. Maybe I missed that in yours????
tzalenski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brent,

If you've installed a wide-band oxygen sensor, then:
1. Use the Holley program to set the target A/F ratios, and save them to the ECU.
2. Shut down the Holley program and start EFI_Tuning.exe
3. My program will read the new target A/F ratios from the ECU.

Regards,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Holley All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: