FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

XFI with XIM, engine runs, can't adjust timing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenlight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: XFI with XIM, engine runs, can't adjust timing Reply with quote

LS3 engine, coil on plug, 60-2 teeth on crank, reference timing set to 49 degrees, waste spark not activated. Nothing crazy or exotic done to the crank, crank sensor, or cam sensor. All OEM type stuff.

The engine starts and runs fine. The timing map at idle thru 4000 rpms is set at 32 degrees. The timing light shows 28 degrees. Tried two other timing lights, same results.

Change the reference timing to 55 degrees and then to 40 degrees, the timing light still shows 28 degrees. Put the reference back to 49, and changed the timing map to 20 degrees, then 38 degrees. The timing light still shows 28 degrees from idle on up (didn't rev the engine above about 4000 rpm).

One more thing, the dip switch setting inside the XIM box call for 0 1 1 1. The engine won't run on this setting. I have to set it on 0 1 0 1 for it to run.

Tried setting the XFI ignition parameter setting from EZ LS 58 to IPU. The engine runs in both settings, but the timing is still on 28 no matter which parameter I select. I can change this selection with the engine running and it doesn't miss a beat.

If it makes a difference, I also have the FAST digital dash (which I can't seem to get the fuel and oil pressure readings to match the internal datalogger (or manual gauge) readings even though I use the FAST 0-100 psi transducer calibration file to set the P vs V line on the analog input.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Greenlight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks to Matt at FAST !!! Reply with quote

Thanks to Matt at FAST for solving my problem.
6undrpressr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curious what you found was the issue im having something similar with my LS and xfi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> F.A.S.T. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: