FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

What Pantera system do i have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Rework Reply with quote

I am not too sure what you are asking.

This is a SMD board, all the heat comes from the component side.

Lance
germansupplyscott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: IGBT's 46 AMP Reply with quote

Pantera EFI wrote:
Then "float" the part off by using the solder iron placed on the opposite side, the silver steel base.

i interpreted this wrongly to mean the opposite side of the board itself, rather than what i think you meant, the top of the component itself (vs the bottom for the "legs".

thanks for your input. i can do this repair. will post back when it's done and working.
germansupplyscott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yikes, i see it is almost 2 years since i last posted in the topic. i got the board repaired after we let the smoke out of the coil drivers.

i am still working on the car. summer of '09 we got it running well then we had an internal failure - cam bearing - and the engine had to come apart. we got this done finally this spring and the car is now running pretty well.

using this type of fuel injection has been a massive learning curve for me. there's is still a lot to learn, even about this one engine. with a 2.1l aircooled VW engine we made nearly 130HP at the wheels, which is decent, maybe there's more power to find still.

i still do have some tuning questions, one issue i find is that there are so many variables, and many ways to arrive at a similar result in terms of AFR, that it can make my head spin at times.

here are a few questions. bear in mind this is a street driven car, lots of stop and go driving and cold starts. it seldom sees WOT and normally is driven mildly, basically it's a daily driven car.

1 - when you get off the throttle completely the AFR wants to go pretty rich (~10.5:1) for a few seconds, and this tends to choke the engine. what is a good way to tune this out?

2 - how much is it necessary to manipulate individual cells in the map? i have done some of this but i always feel like i don't understand how the map cell values are interacting with the multiplier variables.
RootesRacer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fuel decel cut pressure, when you close the throttle, it generates manifold vacuum, just set the decel cut pressure between the lowest vacuum level you see and the lowest pressure you see while slowly revving the engine.

When in "decel", you should see the pulse width drop to zero ms due to the fuel cut.
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Redline "FREE" upgrade Reply with quote

There was an upgrade made to add many features in 2009.

This "upgrade" is FREE, though $10.00 would be required for return USPS
Flat Rate Box shipping.

My suggestion is to return to box to Pantera EFI, we will test, flash, and upgrade your unit.

Lance
germansupplyscott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lance,

we will take you up on that offer, gladly. here in canada our vintage car season is short and soon the car will be put away for the winter. once that is done we'll send you the box.

in the meantime we will have some on-road tuning this week, with the car's owner driving and me in the passenger seat with the laptop. it's something we've yet to find time to do and i am looking forward to this very much. it's guaranteed i will have more questions after the tuning session.

and to roots racer, i did this change in the config and i see the PW hitting zero so it's working. i still don't totally like how the engine settles down to idle but it's a work in progress.
germansupplyscott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lance,

i am having some similar difficulties to this post:

http://efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2642

marcus550 wrote:

All along I've been trying to lean out the 2500 RPM cells, by scaler, offset, individual cells and the TPS but it kept running rich.

Well, I think I have found my problem. Watching the injector pulse width climb from the 3's to the 6's as I load and increase RPM, I noticed it bouncing around from 6 to 12 in the area the engine is running poorly. I kept wondering what would do this and always thought it was this odd scaler / offset transition or the TPS mix. Now I know. It was triggering the 'pump jets' as configured in the Accel setup. Engine vibration must be bouncing the TPS just enough to continuously keep activating the pump jet.

Now I've got to minimize the affect on the TPS somehow or just live without the Accel feature. Right now I've got this minimized and notice a huge improvement in smooth running at 2500 RPM an up.

Ugh. Now I have to start from scratch but at least I THINK this problem is behind me.

i have not done enough tuning to know if the issue is exactly the same, but it seems possible. i have an issue where i can't seem to get the mixture to stay correct, it's around 3,500-4,500 rpm the AFR wants to stay around 10.5. my setup is probably very similar to this person - aircooled VW engine.

also, in another part of that thread there is this:

Pantera EFI wrote:
Find the RPM amount when the KPA is at its lowest level, set the offset for best mixture.
Then at WOT set the " scaler" for max power,mixture AFR, and safety.
(the basic "fine tuning" MAP should be set to a 1.0 value at this time)

Then when the idle RPM can ONLY produce an abnormal KPA amount, use the TPS blend to weight the TPS closed value to effect the injector PW.

Lance

i believe this to be critical information, however i don't understand it well. i don't understand how to manipulate these TPS variables in order to get the results i am looking for.

in something like layman's terms, what does

Quote:
use the TPS blend to weight the TPS closed value to effect the injector PW.

mean? when you you the TPS blend, what exactly are you doing? i have found empirically how powerful this variable is, you can make a change in one cell of the lower TPS variable that will completely shut down the engine. but i am failing to understand why.
germansupplyscott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Redline "FREE" upgrade Reply with quote

Pantera EFI wrote:
There was an upgrade made to add many features in 2009.

This "upgrade" is FREE, though $10.00 would be required for return USPS
Flat Rate Box shipping.

My suggestion is to return to box to Pantera EFI, we will test, flash, and upgrade your unit.

Lance

i am ready to send this to you, can you give me the physical address to send it?

regards,

scott lyons
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Pantera EFI : Details Reply with quote

Hi Scott, I would NEED your address.

You need to include return shipment charges of ???

Pantera EFI
2824 S. Willis St.
Santa Ana

Lance Nist : 001-949-250-1797

panteraefi@lance.occoxmail.com
germansupplyscott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

email sent.
rocklord

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Which ECU Do I Have? Reply with quote

Just purchased a Redline EFI system third hand that was for a Ford 300cid inline six. It has three TWM sidedraft ITBs and a triple DCOE manifold. The previous owner purchased it from Clifford Performance in 2007 when they were selling stuff like that.
I sold the manifold and am planning to install it on an Australian 250cid crossflow inline 6.

To my question. I looked on the ECU and noted the information scribed on the connector.

1899 1
DL B VR

From Lance's post I've determined that it is a "B" version with a 1 bar MAP and VR input trigger. But I don't know if it is a 422 or 884.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

1965 Ford Mustang Coupe
200cid, 3spd
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Panteraefi.com Reply with quote

Hi Rock, yes I will help.
GO to my site "panteraefi.com" view the models.
Your planned use would be good to know ? (rock crawling ?)

I would upgrade to Crank Trigger, a 36-1 TW.
I would fit my IGN-6 coil.
I have used this AZ engine, you too will love the engine performance.

Lance 949-250-1797
rocklord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Can I Upgrade My ECU to 36-1 Reply with quote

Can my unit be upgraded to work with a 36-1 wheel?
Is it a hardware or software upgrade?

My plans for the 250 Crossflow is to install it in my 65 Mustang with a 5spd T5.

1965 Ford Mustang Coupe
200cid, 3spd
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: ECU-422/882 ? Reply with quote

Hi, sure no problem.

I would be of great help to know if you ha the 8/8 OR 2/4 or 6 ECU ?

Lance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: