FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Calling experienced Autronic tuners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Other Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Calling experienced Autronic tuners Reply with quote

I have been running SM4 Subaru plugin 1.09 for a number of years, but I still haven't managed to setup up a working charge temp table Evil or Very Mad

Can someone share a working table for Subaru with TMIC, and Autronic IAT ran in the intake manifold please

I dialed my AFRs on a dyno, and as temps decreased over summer my AFRs became pig rich, I tried so many different approaches already that I am just giving up and need professional help
damien king

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day Hyper.

Nice to meet up with you here. I've had my hands filled with your task in question, and although I've had some success I don't have a systematic approach to help you.

I'm not sure if efiguy can offer you some assistance since he has done extensive work with the charge temperature calculations in the past. Ian Hamwood would be an great person to work with but I am guess that you already know this.

Again, nice meeting up with you here. Cheers!

S.A.R.D. Engineering
Stephen's Automotive Research & Development Engineering
"Experience the progress of efficiency through engineering principles"
bradyzq

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not follow the Ideal Gas Law for reasonable air temps, and let it go rich when things get too hot?

Assuming no heat soak, using the Ideal Gas Law should keep your AFRs on target.
www.dynodoc.ca
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DynoDoc-Dyno-Tuning/81797401723?_fb_noscript=1
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
damien king

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Autronic brand of ECU, you don't have the traditional access to an intake air temperature trim 3D table where you have IAT temperature plotted against LOAD. The Ideal Gas Law worked in the background and is therefore automatic. There's a charge temperature estimate table, which is what Hyper is asking for assistance with. However, there are also compensation tables which can be setup to help catch either drastic and small changes in air density.

If done correctly, you should only need to calibrate the base fuel delivery table in conjunction with the charge temperature estimate table. As I described though, provisions for additional compensation tables are at your disposal.

Where I live there's very little ambient temperature change and barometric pressures don't experience big swings, so my calibrations are fairly consistent year round. However, in countries with seasons and as such, you will have to take care to enable to appropriate compensations for charges in density so that the engine remains fairly stable.

Aside from working with the owner of the Autronic brand himself, the two people mentioned in my previous post have enough work experience and knowledge to guide Hyper towards the desired results. Since we're on the EFI101 forum efiguy would be the person to ask, even if he's only going to share a working strategy for you to follow up on.

Wish I could have helped more with direct instructions, cheers!

S.A.R.D. Engineering
Stephen's Automotive Research & Development Engineering
"Experience the progress of efficiency through engineering principles"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Other Manufacturers All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: