FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

motec m1 series, whats required?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Techsalvager

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: motec m1 series, whats required? Reply with quote

ok so the m1 series I have seen lately has me getting interested in it for what seems like a very flexible system. Has anyone here used one and know how the licensing works for it? I see systems for sale on ebay m130 with gpa for around 3600 but I hate to buy one and screw up.
rvengineering

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand from the last meeting with Motec is you bay the ECU and optionally you can bay 3 levels of data logging. On top of this you have to bay I licence for the application you want to run or engine type and so on so this is different to the older models ECU as they will set-up a load of things for you. So changing engine type means bay a new licence.

Optionally you can bay a licence for M1 development set in two levels or stages (not sure) M1 build developers licence and M1 build developers licence ECU.

So yes for more option with M1 build and al do it looks more open but it dos not come close to a development ECU we use on so many projects.
TEL: +31(0)6 13 90 61 94
E-mail adaptronic@gmail.com
www.adaptronic.nl
www.facebook.com/ruudvisserengineering
www.facebook.com/DieselEngineTestSystems
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
stevieturbo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all sounds complicated, expensive and awkward if you ask me !

And pretty sure once bought...it's almost tied to that single application because of the build/licensing restrictions ?

9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0
tepid1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a M150 w/ the GPR package.

First you buy the ecu.
Second you tell the dealer what package you want a license for. (GPA, GPR or Development)

Install in car, tune and go.

It's pretty easy if you ask me.

It's also movable to another car. There is no one car restriction.
greenamex2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is as easy or as complicated as you want to make it.

If you treat it as a normal standalone ECU you just buy the ECU with either the GPA or GPR package. GPA is the 'basic' ECU package, GPR adds extra bits like traction control, flat shift etc.

With that you get 120MB of logging of an M130.

You can also upgrade the logging on the ECU for more channels and I2 pro. Most people won't need to bother.

Simple.

If you want to make it complicated then you can. Someone with a build licence (doesn't have to be you) can write complete new firmware to get the box to do anything you want. The company I use has already come out with a couple for linking up to paddle shift control units for example.

I spent a lot of time deciding between an M600/M84 and M1. Unless you go for an M84 I really can't see why you would go for the older style ECU. The price difference is minimal (in my case, the M130 was LESS, especially as you don't need a CAN adapter) but the ECU is several generations more advanced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> MoTeC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: