FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

A few Motec questions... M800

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomak

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: A few Motec questions... M800 Reply with quote

Ecu Manager 3.54....

How do you interpolate between two points? It will do the whole row or column, but I could not figure out how to do it just between two points? Like the Linearize function in Haltech

The main fuel number, IJPU or whatever... is this the same idea as Megasquirt or Vipec? representing pw at peak VE at 100 kpa type thing?

Where is the PC logging? Is uploading the ecu's internal log, then opening it in I2 sotware or something the only way to get a log?

That's it for now....

Thanks!
Mustang MD250 - gone but not forgotten.
Adam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you interpolate between two points? It will do the whole row or column, but I could not figure out how to do it just between two points? Like the Linearize function in Haltech

This feature is a bit clunky in the M800 - Here's an example of how you would interpolate a few cells in a row: Move to the first cell of the range that you want to interpolate, hit the backspace key to 'lock' this cell (marked with an asterix), then do the same for the cell at the right hand end of the range. Now if you use the 'interpolate horizontal row' feature it will only modify the cells between the locked cells.

Quote:
The main fuel number, IJPU or whatever... is this the same idea as Megasquirt or Vipec? representing pw at peak VE at 100 kpa type thing?

I dont know how MS does it but yes similar idea to vipec. IJPU is set under Fuel setup, this number is usually your peak pulsewidth. The fuel table numbers are then percentage of IJPU. Unlike Vipec however motec allows fuel table numbers bigger than 100 so you can set it up like a VE based table.

Quote:
Where is the PC logging? Is uploading the ecu's internal log, then opening it in I2 sotware or something the only way to get a log?

Normally, yes. I think to do 'PC logging' you would need the telemetry and remote logging 'upgrades' =$$$! Having said that the ECU logging is good and downloads in a few seconds so its not a big negative.
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: USB with a mile range Reply with quote

We do sell a "data cable" this has a mile Line Of Sight range @ 100 mw output for both radios.

The first radio will plug in to the laptop USB set at the required "bit rate" that is the RS-232 information speed.
The second radio will plug in to the RS-232 connector on the M800 set to the same rate.

The cost is reasonable for the two radios.

Lance
stevieturbo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: A few Motec questions... M800 Reply with quote

Tomak wrote:
Ecu Manager 3.54....

That's it for now....

Thanks!

Many users asked Motec on their forum about 4 years ago to improve keyboard mapping, cell manipulation etc...In fact might have been 5 years ago. They ignored every request in the thread. Compared to other ecu's, making adjustments on their main tables really is crap and awkward.

IJPW is just another multiplier, intended to give a nice visual fuel map with say 0-100 values.
Although as others say, newer versions allow numbers higher than 100 anyway. So almost pointless. Older software would only allow 0-100.

So yea it is quite like the master on Link etc, although you can sort of go up or down depending whether it's to gain more numbers on the table, or just rescale for different injectors.

9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0
Tomak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Thanks guys. I think in terms of software, and tuning real time on the dyno, Haltech has really spoiled me compared to most others lol. But then again, motec was like 10mb, Haltech was 130 lol

Thanks for the backspace lock tip. Will come in handy next time for sure.
Mustang MD250 - gone but not forgotten.
APEX Speed Technology

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: software Reply with quote

Quote:

Great. Thanks guys. I think in terms of software, and tuning real time on the dyno, Haltech has really spoiled me compared to most others lol. But then again, motec was like 10mb, Haltech was 130 lol

The new Tune software for the M-Series ECUs is vastly improved and in my opinion, the class of the field right now. You can interpolate vertically & horizontally easily, among many other things.

-neel
Los Angeles, CA 90064
310-314-2005
www.apexspeedtech.com
stevieturbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: software Reply with quote

APEX Speed Technology wrote:

The new Tune software for the M-Series ECUs is vastly improved and in my opinion, the class of the field right now. You can interpolate vertically & horizontally easily, among many other things.

-neel

As most other ecu brands have done for years.

9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0
APEX Speed Technology

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Right? Reply with quote

Quote:

As most other ecu brands have done for years.

Right? Its ridiculous that I'm even talking about this as a benefit; it was a glaring omission in ECU manager. They had a lot of catching up to do, but if you use Tune, you'll see how they got it right.

I've been meaning to write more about this, and some day soon I'll finish my blog post. I just tuned 2 Subarus back to back, one with an M800 and the other with an M130. The differences were incredible as one would expect for hardware platforms developed 10-15 years apart. But then again, its amazing that the M800 has held its own against so many challengers so long into its service life. Kind of the KC135 of ECUs....

-Neel
Los Angeles, CA 90064
310-314-2005
www.apexspeedtech.com
Grocerius Maximus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Right? Reply with quote

APEX Speed Technology wrote:
Kind of the KC135 of ECUs....

-Neel

More like the U2 Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> MoTeC All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: