FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Test my setup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bad Bug Two

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Dual Element Hall Sensor. Reply with quote

Pantera EFI wrote:
Hi Jeff, yes you are correct.

The reason is the internal Allegro 627 "dual element" sensor.

This style of sensor element needs to have "A" on AND "B" off for the signal to switch.

This is a great sensor with adaptive logic, download the data sheet.

Lance

Hi Lance.

I did a quick google search on that sensor and now it makes sense how this can be. I couldn't wrap my pea brain around how a single hall sensor could, but now that I see it is actually two sensors slightly staggered, it is understandable.

It appears that this type of sensor would be more accurate than a single element Hall sensor. I can see that using it in it's intended application as a crank angle sensor would be benificial, however in my application of simply determining the correct phase, the accuracy is most likely over kill.

By any chance do you have a list of factory hall sensors that are of this design, meaning have to be correctly clocked vs. ones that can be mounted any direction? That could be benificial in future custom applications.

Thanks!

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: