FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

New Entry Level Mainline Dyno !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainlinedyno

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: New Entry Level Mainline Dyno ! Reply with quote

We are pleased to announce the recent release of our latest 2WD600L "Affordable & Expandable" 2WD chassis dyno solution.

For more detailed information on the new 2WD600L Series Dyno, please visit our web site at www.mainlinedyno.com.au
Tomak

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see this!! Is this Todd?? Change your screen name?
Mustang MD250 - gone but not forgotten.
mainlinedyno

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomak wrote:
Nice to see this!! Is this Todd?? Change your screen name?

It's Craig Tomak. Todd still has his usual screen name.....!
chevyhp

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! whats the pricing? how much hp can it hold? expandable? you mean easy hook up to awd? I just joined because i will be purchasing a chassis dyno and lots of home work will be done to find the right fit>

thx
mainlinedyno

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevyhp wrote:
nice! whats the pricing? how much hp can it hold? expandable? you mean easy hook up to awd? I just joined because i will be purchasing a chassis dyno and lots of home work will be done to find the right fit>

thx

Hi chevyhp,

This model is rated up to 1200Hp, and also upgradeable to AWD. There are numerous options and add-ons available to the base package, however this unit is primarily targeted at entry level, or budget conscious purchasers.

For further detailed information, package and options pricing, please contact us through our web site.
project_skyline

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell Todd to shoot me an email about AWD pricing. Very Happy

Driving an Evo 8 when its running.
mainlinedyno

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

project_skyline wrote:
Tell Todd to shoot me an email about AWD pricing. Very Happy

Email sent.
JackyPerformance.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the new dyno model, it looks interesting Smile.

When you say "Affordable & Expandable", is this more affordable than a Dynocom 5000 dyno that costs $14,350 (includes Air Bag Lift Kit +
Above Ground Kit + free shipping)?

www.JackyPerformance.com

Transfer large files for FREE:
www.MongoFiles.com
Zeitgeist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackyPerformance.com wrote:
Congratulations on the new dyno model, it looks interesting Smile.

When you say "Affordable & Expandable", is this more affordable than a Dynocom 5000 dyno that costs $14,350 (includes Air Bag Lift Kit +
Above Ground Kit + free shipping)?

The dynocom 5000 costs almost $30, 000 with typical outfit from what I have been told.

Look at this. Www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8060 dynocom for sale 1/3 price cause its never worked right. That probably will and has never happened with mainline.

Difference is, Mainline works out of the box. The first time. And keeps working. It's a professional machine.... no tweeking of pids. No perpetual promises of software fixes. Working rpm inductive and back probe pick up. 10 years dynocom claimed they were in business. It seems cant get an rpm inductive probe right. Repeatable. Consistant. No software crashes.

You can buy harbor freight tools or you can buy snap on. We know what the pros choose. We know what backyard mechanics choose. Any questions?

Last edited by Zeitgeist on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
DynocomInc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome "Zeitgeist" nice to have you join June 2 2013 or as you would be referred to as a "newbie" on this forum... i will give you a quick lesson:
1. That link is for AWD PODs
2. 5000 Series dyno is $16,995.00 complete - i mean complete - banner, automatic weather station, tie downs, d rings, frenesla eddy brake, stainless, hardware, software, air fuel....the list goes on and and on....
3. You referred to our customers as backyard mechanics? Some of our customers include:
Nissan
Ford
Tesla
HKS
Greenfilter
Many universities, R&D facilities, US Government and that's just to name a few....

4. Harbor Freight tools typically but not always are made in China.
All of our dynos are proudly made in the USA - except for the eddy brake which is Frenesla (spanish) which Mainline, Dyno Dynamics, etc also use. Except we have built in cooling fan for the load cell - which uses a 24 bit A to D converter for high precision.
5. If you search this forum you will see within the last few months many people have questions about PID for other manufacturers dynos... in our case we make the widest variety of dynos - 8.5 inch, 10.75 inch, 12.75 inch, 24 inch, 36 inch, 48 inch and of course our PODs. So there are different PIDs for different model dynos and eddy brake sizes... Perhaps this is lost on other companies that only make one model. Last time i checked there is more than one model car.....
6. Inductive we have several options - ranging from 300 to 1200 dollars.
7. Since you are not customer and just another "newbie" i will continue to take time from by busy schedule to inform you of our features. Dynocom refuses to ever bash any competitors (if we even have any left LOL). We prefer to stand on our features and innovations rather than slander or lie about others.
If you have any further questions contact one of our many sales offices around the world for a demo.
Thank you
Dynocom USA
Zeitgeist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you admit you could not get the pods right. Why not issue the poor fella a refund?
awddynotodd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DynocomInc wrote:
All of our dynos are proudly made in the USA - except for the eddy brake which is Frenesla (spanish) which Mainline, Dyno Dynamics, etc also use. Except we have built in cooling fan for the load cell - which uses a 24 bit A to D converter for high precision.
5. If you search this forum you will see within the last few months many people have questions about PID for other manufacturers dynos... in our case we make the widest variety of dynos - 8.5 inch, 10.75 inch, 12.75 inch, 24 inch, 36 inch, 48 inch and of course our PODs. So there are different PIDs for different model dynos and eddy brake sizes... Perhaps this is lost on other companies that only make one model. Last time i checked there is more than one model car.....
Dynocom USA

A couple of questions:

24 Bit ADC on a Load Cell? What end user/tuner would need resolution on say a 1000hp of 0.000059 HP?

Are you also inferring the PID values of a dyno needs to be changed if the output is 100HP vs 1000HP by the different model car statement?
Warpspeed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DynocomInc wrote:
- which uses a 24 bit A to D converter for high precision.

You do realise that 24 bit resolution would be over SIXTEEN MILLION steps of resolution.
Why, and what analog to digital converter method do you use?
Because that level of measurement accuracy is just not possible.
Turboivo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpspeed wrote:
DynocomInc wrote:
- which uses a 24 bit A to D converter for high precision.

You do realise that 24 bit resolution would be over SIXTEEN MILLION steps of resolution.
Why, and what analog to digital converter method do you use?
Because that level of measurement accuracy is just not possible.

http://www.efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4142
Here is an old link with DC's "comparison" table to all "Competitors" from the time they started to appear on this forum. As can be seen there is not so big change 3 years later.
Allison is definitely good looking woman but she's from sales and I doubt she has ever strapped a car by herself.
chevyhp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turboivo wrote:
Allison is definitely good looking woman but she's from sales and I doubt she has ever strapped a car by herself.

From the few conversations i have shared with Allison, she is far from being a novice when it comes to cars.
Building her own fox body mustang to massive burn outs in the parking lot. strapping a car down probably comes more natural to her, than a good looking women getting close to you, is what i could say!

So how is someones personal appearance and abilities really relevant to the questions being asked in this topic?

personally i am learning new meanings of this "Troll" thingy
keep educating me Turboivo ....
Zeitgeist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll: someone that spews mis information. Calls other members names, questioning their honesty and integrity when said members point out that the product has KNOWN and common problems. Side stepping and dancing around the issues and making excuses or flat out denials of said issues all the while pumping their inferior product.

Or so I've read on the internet.
Warpspeed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Todd, I want to know more about this claimed 24 bit resolution.

And I am asking as a professional electronic instrumentation design engineer.

Commercial a/d converters are pushing the limit at 65,000 steps of resolution, and it is far from easy to actually achieve that in practice.
I would really like to know how over 16,000,000 steps of noise free resolution is achieved.
rrrobert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon eating packet of crisps please !
Zeitgeist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpspeed wrote:
Like Todd, I want to know more about this claimed 24 bit resolution.

And I am asking as a professional electronic instrumentation design engineer.

Commercial a/d converters are pushing the limit at 65,000 steps of resolution, and it is far from easy to actually achieve that in practice.
I would really like to know how over 16,000,000 steps of noise free resolution is achieved.

I have a question for you. Is there a disadvantage to this level of 'resolution'. Is it just redundant or could it be part of the reason we see the glitches that we do? Guys have complained of load control of 600+ hp cars and scattered graphs requiring heavy smoothing of these cars that the users attributed to slow throughput of usb2.

I have no idea. Just asking and curious.
Warpspeed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeitgeist wrote:

I have a question for you. Is there a disadvantage to this level of 'resolution'.

What I am saying is, that this claimed level of resolution is just not technically possible.

A resolution of sixteen million steps suggests a 1,600Hp capable dyno can measure to an accuracy of plus or minus one ten thousandth of a horsepower.
Does that sound realistic, or even possible ?
That is what a 24 bit resolution specification is claiming to be able to do.
It can accurately measure the difference between 1600.0000Hp and 1600.0001Hp
That is the claim being made here, and I just don't believe it.

Glitches in the resulting data are almost always produced by noise or momentary loss of signal.
It has nothing at all to do with accuracy or resolution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Dynamometers All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: