FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

20 hours dyno time....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HermaN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: 20 hours dyno time.... Reply with quote

Just wondering, after doing EFI-101 & EFI Advanced courses, where/when do you complete the rest of your dyno time?

Do you just hire out your local dyno until you get the 20 hours, or do you get use of a dyno?

Wanting to do the EFI-101 & EFI Advanced courses this year, so just wondering how the 20 hours dyno time works before you can sit your test.

Cheers
HermaN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 views and not 1 response?? surely someone must know the answer to this....
MNR-0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can attend a week long workshop, where you will get the dyno time as part of the upfront cost - or attend the basic and advanced courses and log the dyno time on your own

You get given a log book which must be submitted before sitting the test. Its up to you to organise your dyno time but it must be in the car, on a seat and tuning while the dyno is running
HermaN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate, I know the ACP program gives you the dyno time, but I don't think EFIU run the ACP program over here in the UK, only in the US. Sad

So where can I go to get dyno time? I live in the North East of Scotland, and there is only 1 tuner with a dyno round here, and TBH, I don't think they would rent it out. I think it only gets used when their own tuner/dyno operator is using it.

Do you need to complete the 20 hours within a certain time period, or do you have forever to complete the 20 hours dyno time & get the log book sent in?
cdcline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the delay in my response.

You can get your 20 hours of dyno time from any shop you chose. Most shops will gladly rent you there dyno.

You will be given a logbook in the Advanced class, you will log all of your dyno time in this book with an explanation of what you worked on and your results.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Chris@efi101.com
(866)316-7744
benh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will rent out our dyno to any efi advanced graduate, and we will let you opperate it yourself, once we see that you can do so safely.

We (i) am also quite open to people who want to gain dyno experiance and have questions, want a bit of guidance etc along the way.

There is a guy with a DD near Ellon, if that is close to you.

Cheers,

Ben.
HermaN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, Ellon is about a 40 min/20 mile drive from where I am. My nearest place is probably Wallace Performance. I know they have a Dastek dyno, but I don't know if they rent it out.

If not, then the guy in Ellon would be good, because it's not too far away. Have been thinking about possibly just saving for the ACP program and going to do the course in the US. Would be a nice little holiday from the weather here, and will also get everything over and done with all at once instead of trying to find time to book a dyno, etc.

In the end, going to the US to do the ACP program probably won't cost a lot more than doing EFI-101 & Advanced here then renting a dyno for 20 hours. Like I said, on top of learning it all in 1 sitting, it's also a nice little get away. Smile
henkgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HermaN,

I did the ACP course in Temecula and also the written exam. Dyno time was accomplisched on 3 different chassis dynos. I can recommend the ACP course, it's one of the best investment I ever made. Worth every penny imho.

Cheers,
- Henk
Winner Dutch Time Attack Assen 2011 & Zandvoort 2011
Super Pro Street Division
EFI ACP certification
Dyno Dynamics AWD 450DS
HermaN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate, that's good to hear! Think that's what I'll do, save up for the ACP course and have a wee trip to the US to do it. Probably won't have the cash for the ACP course till about this time next year tho, so best get saving and reading as much as I can.

Will also be mapping my car again over summer, so by the time I do the course I'll have even more knowledge which should make it easier to understand and take in. :)

The course is in California, isn't it?
cdcline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is correct. The ACP class is held at our main facility in Temecula, California (Between LA and San Diego). Even though the ACP class seems expensive, it is a great deal because we supply the dynos, cars and EFI systems for you to use. Plus your dyno time is supervised by the instructor, just incase you have any questions. We also hold the class to only 6 students (Some times as few as 3) to make sure you get all of your questions answered.

Also, if you wanted to get a head start, you can attend the EFI-101 in the UK, and then when you decide to take the ACP, I will give you a $250 discount. If you also take the Advanced, I will give you an additional $500 off the ACP!
Chris@efi101.com
(866)316-7744
HermaN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdcline wrote:
Yes, that is correct. The ACP class is held at our main facility in Temecula, California (Between LA and San Diego). Even though the ACP class seems expensive, it is a great deal because we supply the dynos, cars and EFI systems for you to use. Plus your dyno time is supervised by the instructor, just incase you have any questions. We also hold the class to only 6 students (Some times as few as 3) to make sure you get all of your questions answered.

Also, if you wanted to get a head start, you can attend the EFI-101 in the UK, and then when you decide to take the ACP, I will give you a $250 discount. If you also take the Advanced, I will give you an additional $500 off the ACP!

Excellent stuff mate! Might take you up on that offer of $250 off the ACP if I do EFI-101.

I know you guys have an EFI-101 course in the UK in the next couple of weeks, but do you have any idea when the next one is after that? 2 weeks just isn't enough notice, but if you have one in summer or at the end of the year I should be able to make one of them. Smile
cdcline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not sure when we will be back in the UK. We usually hold classes there about once a year...but who knows, we might be back by September or November!
Chris@efi101.com
(866)316-7744
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> EFI Advanced All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: