FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Holley Projection 4di - Need some guidance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laakness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Holley Projection 4di - Need some guidance Reply with quote

Hello, let me first say thanks in advance for any help since I am new here.

Here is my situation, rather my brother's situation that I am helping him with.

He had a '77 Chevy truck with a 454 in it running 7:1 compression ratio and a big cam(not sure on specs). It is running a Holley Projection 4di system with a 1000 cfm throttle body. Truck was running fine for a year and all was good.

He recently had the engine bored out to a 461 with some head work and now running 10:1 compression and domed pistons. No changes have been made to the map yet.

Upon starting the truck after about 2 minutes of idling the headers turn cherry red and then he shuts it down. I had him read the o2 voltage which was at like .87 which is really rich I think. I'm assuming that unburned fuel is being ignited in the exhaust.

I have some efi experience with my Evo but not really much with V8's. Any starter tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting with a stock 454 map from Holley.
laakness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had him read the o2 voltage to me over the phone and it looks like it is WAY too rich while idling. It's like .89 which is close to open throttle type voltages. I'm going to help him out this weekend and try to get those AFR's in check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Holley All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: