FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Effects of Ignition timing ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2jzmkiv

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Effects of Ignition timing ? Reply with quote

What would too retarded or advanced ignition timing would cause below 40 kpa and above 3000rpm i did not have the courage to experiment but what would happen in both cases ?
stevieturbo

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your worried about load cells where the engine has absolutely no load on it whatsoever ?

ie. the over-run ?

9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0
2jzmkiv

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes particularly the overrun area i am really curious what happens when over run fuel cut is on ignition is advanced/retarded and overrun fuel cut is off ignition advanced/retarded main reason is some cars when they are decelerating from a hard acceleration their exhausts catch fire and it burns for seconds no pops bangs or anything but like a fireplace i know something causes this maybe running really low lambda values around that area?
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Pantera EFI : Tech Support Reply with quote

Hi 2JZ, I am willing to spend ONE hour on the phone for your required "tech
" support.

Just call when you have a chance, set a time here FIRST.

Lance 949-250-1797
joe90

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2jzmkiv wrote:
Yes particularly the overrun area i am really curious what happens when over run fuel cut is on ignition is advanced/retarded and overrun fuel cut is off ignition advanced/retarded main reason is some cars when they are decelerating from a hard acceleration their exhausts catch fire ?

If there's no fuel then ignition timing is completely irrelevent.

If there's flames coming out of the exhaust then there's no over run fuel cut.
2jzmkiv

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe90 wrote:

If there's no fuel then ignition timing is completely irrelevent.

If there's flames coming out of the exhaust then there's no over run fuel cut.

What you are saying makes sense i have been reading stuff on other forums and some people goes ""DFCO ON HUGE FLAMES !!"" i was thinking wait a minute if FUEL CUT is on does that not mean FUEL is CUT and there is no fuel going in or out ? i do not want to burn something behind my car and so i was confused had to ask and ofcourse that makes ignition timing irrelevant aswell it all adds up thanks to you Smile so i am thinking in world rally championship cars they retard the whole overrun area thats why whenever driver lets go of the gas combustion happens LATER therefore somewhere in the manifold and keeps the car on boost and another thing assuming car runs lean with retarded ignition then you get huge pops bangs and whatever but no flames did i get all of these right ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Tuning Tips All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: