FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Is it worth it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigredexpress99

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Is it worth it? Reply with quote

Hi all, a friend and I are coming down to the Boulder class in July for the 101 class, and would like to know if it will be worth it to take the advanced class the week after the 101 class, as we are both currently enrolled in wyotech and have never had any experience actually tuning an efi car. Also, I have never had any experience driving a standard vehicle. Embarassed It just happens to be that way. And would like to know if that will be any problem. We would like to hear back form y'all as soon as possible. Thanks.

P.S. I will be getting some experience soon in a stick vehicle, just not experienced yet. Crying or Very sad
Squatchy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will be worth it. I took the advanced class a couple weeks after i took the 101. The beauty of it is you dont really need any experience, I had never done any tuning or driven a car on a dyno before the advanced class. The class teaches you how to do all that.

You could probably get by without having experience driving a stick. Just be kinda careful, and im sure Ben would guide you through it. I would try to get as much experience in a manual car as you can before the class, atleast try to drive one once to get the hang of it and be more comfortable, but if you cant, i wouldnt let it discourage you from taking the class.
Freakie

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, not worth it, the class is worth way more than u pay Smile
bigredexpress99

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I signed up for 101, gonna wait to take the advanced class.
405HP_Z06

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigredexpress99 wrote:
well, I signed up for 101, gonna wait to take the advanced class.

So, what did you think?
EFI University Evangelist
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigredexpress99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELL YEAH MAN!!! was DEFINETELY an awesome class, learned exactly what I had set out to learn and so much more, I now have complete confidence to start tuning for myself and to dive even deeper into this field. I will be signing up for an advanced class in the future, as I wouldnt mind seeing what I can learn from that as well. Most of my tuning will probably be done on ethe street, but, i realize that getting it to the dyno is of the upmost importance now. My regards to Ben and his crew for a very well put together system for both the novice (ME) and the experienced person. THANKS AGAIN for opening my eyes and helping me to possibly get my foot in the door at a few shop so that I can start my career in this industry!!!
bigredexpress99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we say "The time of my life"?
405HP_Z06

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigredexpress99 wrote:
Can we say "The time of my life"?

Very Happy

The advanced class is absolutely killer!!!!! You know you want to take it, sign up!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigredexpress99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dont push me, still in college, 500 was a decent enough hit in the pocket book. But ya know what, I have a bunch of buddies from Texas, so I think next time he has a class in Texas, I'll head down that way (I live in Omaha, Nebraska) to take the class. Plus, it always seems like you guys have more fun in Texas! This will definetely be within the next year, so look out EFI Advanced, here I come!
405HP_Z06

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigredexpress99 wrote:
Hey dont push me, still in college, 500 was a decent enough hit in the pocket book. But ya know what, I have a bunch of buddies from Texas, so I think next time he has a class in Texas, I'll head down that way (I live in Omaha, Nebraska) to take the class. Plus, it always seems like you guys have more fun in Texas! This will definetely be within the next year, so look out EFI Advanced, here I come!

Not trying to push. Wink I just believe that it's well worth the money.
bigredexpress99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, and I really want to take the class as well, but $ is a virtue right now.... Smile That, and I'll be graduating this october, so, once I'm back home and looking for a job, that might open up a few more doors. With training and experience from Wyoming Tech, EFI University, and Advanced Automotive Engines in Colorado Springs, I should have the ammunition to get my foot in a pretty decent shop!
405HP_Z06

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigredexpress99 wrote:
I know, and I really want to take the class as well, but $ is a virtue right now.... Smile That, and I'll be graduating this october, so, once I'm back home and looking for a job, that might open up a few more doors. With training and experience from Wyoming Tech, EFI University, and Advanced Automotive Engines in Colorado Springs, I should have the ammunition to get my foot in a pretty decent shop!

It looks like you will do well!!!! Very Happy
boca juniors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to take the advanced class also but the expenses are a bit high at the moment. My brother and I just got back from the Colorado class this weekend and I learned more in two days than in all the years of having an EMS system in my car and owning a dyno.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blacktalon606

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the advanced class yesterday. I have to say, I wasn't sure if it was worth the jack when I signed up for it... but I am SO glad I did. Honestly, the EFI 101 class doesn't really teach you how to tune, it teaches you the theory behind tuning you need so you know what's going on when your on the dyno. I entered this class with a foggy idea of how to tune a car, and no idea on how to operate a dyno and left KNOWING I CAN tune a car for a fact, because I have! I also know how to operate a dyno. Where else are you going to learn that???? Most shops aren't going to just turn over a $120,000 piece of equipment to you, but armed with this education; after a few hours of showing the owner that you know what the heck your doing, I don't doubt that they would become comfortable with you using their equipment. It may not be worth it for everyone... but it was for me. Smile I can't wait to attend some of the upcoming other classes too. I can't get enough. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> EFI Advanced All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: