FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

TPS and Fuel Filter questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus550

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: TPS and Fuel Filter questions Reply with quote

TPS.

On another topic, Lance suggested:

"First, my guess is that you have fitted the TWM throttle bodies with a
"D" shaft TPS. Most modern TBI's do not use this style, even Gary has made the switch to a "blade" type TPS for his new models.

The narrow contact patch of the blade edge into the TPS boss will
reduce the vibration caused by the valve opening/closing pulses."

Can I retrofit this on to my D-shaft throttle bodies? What changes, just the TPS itself? If not, and I want to simply replace the D-Shaft TPS, can I find this anywhere? The part number on the existing TPS is JZX3491.

Filter
What commonly found replacement fuel filter can I use? The canister type fuel filter I have uses 8mm or 5/16 inlet and outlets. This fits between the pump and the injectors. There is no marked INLET / OUTLET on the filter.

Thanks!

Mark P.
Pantera EFI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Fuel Filters & GM TPS Reply with quote

Filter design can be observed from the inlet/oulet ports.(most often)

The flow path is from the outside of the "screen" into the center of the element.

The retro fit of a 1996-2001 GM TPS (black center or gray center) for rotation needs can be easy.

The TBI shaft can be drilled in the "D" area, then a roll pin installed, then shortened to fit inside the "blade" sensor.

The connector is a round three pin MP-150, "pull-to-seat" terminals with no flag.

Lance
marcus550

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Fuel filter cross? Reply with quote

Lance,

Thanks again for the info! Are there any crosses for the fuel filter? It's hard enough buying parts for a car that doesn't actually exist in the Autozone computer system. I need to replace the filter I have but there is little to go on other than the inlet and outlet size of 8mm. These inlet / outlets are about 1" long so peering inside to see the screen is impossible.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Pantera EFI All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: