FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back to site

Gasoline Direct Injection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buick Guy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Gasoline Direct Injection Reply with quote

Does anybody here know if Electromotive is working on an application to handle gasoline direct injection? I'm new here, so this may have already been discussed. Thanks.
Fred Schuettler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: GDI Reply with quote

Hello Buick Guy,
Electromotive can do virtually anything, just doesn't always want to...
What's your pleasure? Can you share a little detail?

~ Fred
Buick Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Fred
We currently run a car on the Salt Flats and feel that there is lots of potential in direct injection for a retrofit application to a very early engine. At this point, we are looking to see if there is any interest in a control system that we can adapt like the Tec 4 that we currently use for our turbo engine. By the way, sorry for the very delated reply, we have been getting out 2011 engine together and it hasn't left much time for future research.
Doug
Fendo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it turn out well? I'm looking to do something very similar in Florida.
Buick Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Direct Injection Reply with quote

It appears at this point that Bosch Motorsports is about the only company with any interest in developing aftermarket Gasoline direct injection systems for sale to the general public with tech support. Electromotive doesn't seem to express any interest in developing any systems or products along that line at this time. The Tec 4 won't drive the high voltage Bosch injectors required for these systems as I understand them.
Doug
APEX Speed Technology

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Cosworth Reply with quote

Cosworth/Pectel has done a number of DI systems, and we did one with them last year. They require an engine dyno with in-cylinder pressure measurement for tuning, which makes the cost very high for most.

-Neel
Los Angeles, CA 90064
310-314-2005
www.apexspeedtech.com
cutlassefi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motec is doing a system as well.
Roberto Arano

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking they may have the pressure transducer built into the injector? Not so I guess.

it's named efi UNIVERSITY not efi "Bragging" Smile
Buick Guy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Direct injection Reply with quote

The problem that I see is the power [voltage] requirement from the ECU to the injectors. Electromotive is way short there. Is there an interface that can supply injector power from the Electromotive ECM trigger to power the injectors? Sorry for my nievity.
Doug
APEX Speed Technology

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: GDI Reply with quote

Quote:
Motec is doing a system as well.

We're been trying to get one. As far as I know, Bosch, Marelli & Cosworth are the only ones selling systems on the open market.

Quote:
I was thinking they may have the pressure transducer built into the injector? Not so I guess.

Nope. There are usually fuel rail pressure sensors.

Quote:
The problem that I see is the power [voltage] requirement from the ECU to the injectors. Electromotive is way short there. Is there an interface that can supply injector power from the Electromotive ECM trigger to power the injectors? Sorry for my nievity.

That's a minor issue. Neither do any of the ones I mentioned; they use external driver boxes that theoretically would work with an electromotive or any other low-side driver ECU. The real issue is closed-loop control of the high-pressure pump and determination of injection angle.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
310-314-2005
www.apexspeedtech.com
Aurélien

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you.
It have been discussed many times on motec forum. The problem is not powering injectors, but having a good closed loop strategy for high pressure fuel pump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EFI University Forum Index -> Electromotive All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: